Sunday, June 15, 2008

The 19th Annual Ancestors of the Middle Passage on Coney Island








Hi All!! I went to the Ancestors of the Middle Passage tribute again this year and this time I took more pics than before. I have attended with my daughter the last two tributes, and this is the first time that I was able to stay for the last part of the tribute and I have to say that it was very uplifting. There were very talented poets and African drumming and it was just a beautiful day. My daughter missed out because she is growing up and decided that hanging out with Mommy is no longer her thing, but I regret to say that she missed out on a truly, marvelous day. My Mom went with me and it was her first time attending this tribute and she expressed her joy and told me that she'd like to attend with me again next year. We had a beautiful day filled with togetherness with other folks with links to the African Diaspora and we bonded even more than than we have been already. What else can I say -- It was a beautiful day!! Seconds before the tribute ended there was a serious thunder shower but that did absolutely NOTHING to dampen the spirit of a very wonderful afternoon. One Blessed Love. Enjoy the pics. Bless.



1 comment:

alicia banks said...

wow

beautiful pictures!!!

your site is very cool and intimate...

congrats!

peace
alicia banks
OUTLOOK
aliciabanks.blogspot.com